Told Derrick I was craving Apple Pie Ala Mode, but not wanting to gain my pregnancy weight allowance in my first trimester Ive avoided it. So look at what he surprises me with!? Yum! Love my sweet husband so much.
Well. There’s a baby in there! And it’s healthy with a tiny microscopic fluttery heart beat! Doctor is definite that I’m 4 weeks and a few days, no more than 6 weeks along at the most.
People are lonely because they build walls instead of bridges.
Tiny Raspberry Cheesecake Tarts
6 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, cut up
1 & 1/2 teaspoon shortening
3 2 ounce package baked miniature phyllo dough shells (fifteen 1-1/2-inch shells)
8 ounce package cream cheese, softened (I used Philly Indulgence White Choco)
6 tablespoons dairy sour cream
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
6 teaspoons raspberry liqueur
45 fresh raspberries (optional)
Fresh mint leaves (optional)
1. In a small saucepan, stir the cut-up chocolate and shortening over low heat until melted. Remove pan from heat. Using a clean small paintbrush, brush the inside (bottom and sides) of each phyllo shell evenly with the melted chocolate mixture. Return each shell to plastic tray included in package. Chill phyllo shells in refrigerator about 20 minutes or until chocolate is set.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, and powdered sugar until smooth. Stir in liqueur. Transfer mixture to a small resealable plastic bag; seal bag. Snip off a corner of the bag. Pipe about 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture into each shell. Cover tarts loosely; chill 2 to 4 hours.
3. If desired, garnish each tart with a fresh raspberry and mint leaves. Makes 45 tarts.
Maple-Candied Bacon Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 12 ounces bacon, cut into 1/4-inch diced pieces*
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup reserved bacon fat, chilled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons bourbon liquor
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces dark chocolate 65-percent or higher cocoa content, chopped into small pieces**
- In a large saute pan, cook out the diced bacon until the bacon pieces are golden and crisp. Remove the bacon pieces from the fat and drain on a paper towel. Strain the fat through a fine sieve and measure out a 1/2 cup bacon fat and chill the bacon fat until it congeals and is set.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a small bowl. Beat the butter, chilled bacon fat, granulated sugar, light sugar, dark brown sugar, bourbon, maple and vanilla, in a large mixer bowl, until it is well combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition; gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the cooked bacon pieces and chopped chocolate bits. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto parchment-lined baking sheets at least 3-inches apart.
- Bake in the oven for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Keep in a dry, airtight container for up to 5 days.
The OB found the gestational sac today and everything is looking right on point. Its still far too early to have an EDD, so Ill still be continuing with the ER visits every 2 days for bloodwork and ultrasounds until we get the babys age and make sure, FOR sure the baby isnt ectopic.
But for now, YAY IM PREGNANT!
Genius! I’ve raised 3 kids and I’ve NEVER thought of this!! So doing this now that baby number 4 is on the way!
Today was a whirlwind. Literally a sleepy blur. Again, I am very tired. Good news; I was elected to sit on the Church’s Council-yay! Other than that, once I got home (around 2pm) I crashed and slept till 3:30pm. Better news; once I woke up, I stopped procrastinating and really organized my office space. Filed things, organized folders, updated my calendar, etc. I feel accomplished. Dinner was quick and simple, mostly because Derrick and I are so tired and we want to go to bed before 10pm. So here’s my meals and the info. Goodnight folks, hopefully I’ll be more interesting/inspiring tomorrow.
Sunday, January 29th, 2012
Breakfast: 450 calories and 9 fat grams
Lunch: 620 calories and 6 fat grams (I did not eat the whole thing, split between me & my 2 littlest ones and I didn’t eat those chips in the picture.)
Dinner: 440 calories and 6 fat grams
Totals: 1510 calories and 18 fat grams
I want this wall art!!
Tired again today. Didn’t sleep well last night—that time of the month—decided to rock the boat last night, making me toss’n’turn most of the night. Took the morning having delicious coffee and breakfast with my family, then cleaned the house, got ready and headed downtown for a while. When we got back, our friends, The Campbells, invited us to join them in going to a new huge park off of Chicago Ave-wow! That park is pretty and pretty huge! We got home around 3pm and all of us fell asleep on the couch, exhausted from all that running, playing and basketball. I woke up at exactly 5pm and started dinner. We ate at 6, watched a movie and then the kiddos cleaned up and got to bed. I decided to be girlie for a bit and put on a facial mask, whitening my teeth, pluck my eyebrows and paint my nails & toenails. So, now that everything’s almost dry, I can somewhat type and post this tonight. Tomorrow’s a big day, hoping I get elected to sit on the church’s council! So Goodnight!
Saturday, January 28th, 2012
Breakfast: 399 calories and 12 fat grams
Snack: 87 calories and 3 fat grams
Lunch: 479 calories and 22 fat grams
Snack: 95 calories and 6 fat grams
Dinner: 310 calories and 11 fat grams
Dessert: 297 calories and 7 fat grams
Total: 1666 calories and 61 fat grams
Found him, married him and he sits in my heart, right next to my love for God & Jesus Christ! Love you @DerrickR333
Waiting for my phone to charge, so I can upload today’s pics & write my post. For now, I need some tea—this sore throat is killing me.
Be back later with tonights post.
The greatest mistake in the world is to pretend to be someone you’re not in order to please someone else.
via Positively Positive
Let’s see what I can remember about yesterday, other than falling asleep on the couch because I overworked myself yesterday, LOL. My body didn’t let me sleep in yesterday, it work up when it was still dark outside because I always wake up that early during the week to get the kiddo off to school. Anyways, the family all slept in and I got up, made coffee and read my Daily Devotionals in the morning, rather than right before bed. I found a poem about Moses that I liked so much, I posted it on tumblr after I finished my required reading.
After breakfast, we all got dressed, got coffee at Starbucks and crossed the street to the Farmer’s Market. I got red skinned potatoes, ruby red grapefruits and rainbow onions. Pickins were small, so we went to F&E too and I got blueberries, brussel sprouts, avocados, oranges and bread. We decided to go home and pizza & salad for lunch and then go over to my grandparents house for a bit. By the time we got home, dinner was done (thanks Derrick!) and we ate (starving!) and crashed in front of the couch. I was sore from helping out at my GP’s house, so after a hot bath, I’m pretty sure I just instantly crashed on the couch just as I got into 20/20.
Derrick tucked me in with blankets, which startled me awake and I stumbled to bed because I didn’t want to sleep on the couch LOL.
Friday, January 27th, 2012
Breakfast: 460 calories and 11 fat grams
Snack: 125 calories and 5 fat grams
Lunch: 410 calories and 15 fat grams
Snack: 245 calories and 12 fat grams
Dinner: 430 calories and 11 fat grams
Dessert: 210 calories and 8 fat grams
Totals: 1878 calories and 62 fat grams
Page 1 of 6